August 28, 2015
On a bus, train, plane – somewhere in the United States of America
(Man reading the papers, looking up at his neighbour):
– Did you know that Leonard Peltier has been imprisoned now for 40 years for a crime he did not commit? And that he is slowly dying in jail?
(Guy next to him, bored):
– He's just a fuckin' Indian. Who cares?
– Yes, but did you hear about Samuel DuBose who got shot dead by a police officer although he was unarmed and did nothing?
– So? He was a fuckin' black guy. Where's your problem, dude?
– But what about Shaker Aamer, an innocent man who is held at Guantánamo Bay and – even according to the Bush administration – should have been released eight years ago!
– He's just a fuckin' Arab. Get a life. – What's wrong with you?
– You think all of that is ok? – Who are you?
– Me? I'm a freedom loving American. – And proud!